I. Information We Collect
We may obtain certain personal information (such as name and other contact details) when you choose to provide them through our Site. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- username and password;
- personal information in content you provide on our Site (such as text you submit in a chat window on the Site);
- payment information, such as payment card details.
In addition, when you visit our Site, your browser will automatically provide certain information to us. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, and other technical information.
We may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. If you wish to disable the storage of cookies on your computer, you may do so using the settings on your browser or device. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
II. How We Use The Information We Collect
- Create and manage your account;
- conduct the transaction you request;
- offer and provide products and services to you;
- communicate with you about our products and services (including via social media);
- administer your participation in special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions (if you have not opted out of receiving such information);
- display content on our Site, such as stories, product reviews and photos;
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption or tokenization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Site, identify users of our Site, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Site, how users navigate through our Site, and how we may tailor our Site to better meet the needs of our users.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
III. Online Tracking
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these analytics providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
IV. Information We Share
We share the personal information we obtain with third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties may include mail houses and payment processors that process and fulfill your orders. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share the personal information we obtain with marketing affiliates and service providers who help us market our products to consumers and drive traffic to our Site or provide other marketing or related services. In addition, we may share personal information with certain of our corporate affiliates, who may use the information on our behalf or for their own purposes.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such law enforcement authorities, (iii) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
V. Our Options
VI. Visitors Under The Age Of 21
The Site does not allow visitors or users under the age of 21. We have clear notification on the Site to alert any visitors or users under the age of 21 not to visit and use our Site. However, if we learn that such behaviors happened on our Site, any personal information will be deleted or destroyed.
VII. Link To Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Wismec, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
VIII. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards designed and use firewalls to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us through the Site is done at your own risk.
X. How To Contact Us